This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by MPLC.
If you have general questions about your account, how to contact Customer Service for assistance, specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Your MPLC data controller will be listed in your membership or payment confirmation email.
The data controller of your personal information is MPLC, which also provides the service to you. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Information Collection and Use
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our Customer Service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- Information when you otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service, as well as your interactions with us. This information includes:
- your activity on the MPLC service, such as title selections, watch history, search queries, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g. the site or page that offered a link to a MPLC page.);
- details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
- We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics.
Disclosure of Information
MPLC does not rent, sell, or share information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies unless we have your consent, or as described below:
- Our parent company: We share your information with our parent company, Motion Picture Licensing Company (International) Limited, as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements, content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the Republic of South Africa and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You can most easily do this by visiting the Contact MPLC section of the website, where you have the ability to request a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your MPLC payment information, a copy of your invoice or license and various related information about your account (such as a list of facilities that are covered under your license). You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. You transmit all such information at your own risk, however once we receive your transmission; we make our best effort to ensure its security in our systems.
Children under 16 years old are not the target audience for our services. MPLC does not solicit the personal information from these children. While individuals under the age of 16 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the MPLC license after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the MPLC license. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
Last updated: 24 May 2018